Evelyn Ackah actively supports her community in Calgary and across Canada by volunteering time and providing sponsorships to community organizations independently and through her law firm, Ackah Business Immigration Law. Non-profit agencies that are close to her heart include the Canadian Women’s Foundation, YWCA, Samaritan’s Purse and the Mustard Seed. In addition to these agencies, Evelyn also assists on a number of pro-bono files each year to individuals requiring her legal services from various communities across Canada.
Calgary immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah shares her business immigration law expertise by offering pro-bono legal immigration services to recognized non-profit agencies, individuals and businesses, including:
Jillaine Jurchik – artist featured in my Ackah Law office
Through her paintings and photography, Jillaine Jurchuk brings inspiration into your life. The everyday beauty that surrounds us inspired Jillaine from an early age. That inspiration, combined with her interior design experience, results in a unique vision – one where beauty is at the center of our very health and happiness. Jillaine’s work is now available as customized digital art – a new and limitless way of bringing her creativity into your world.
Ackah Business Immigration Law is pleased to partner with Maple 2.0 and participate in its mentorship program to help foreign educated professionals gain valuable Canadian work experience. They offer a rich pool of highly talented and qualified professionals who have been screened, trained and are work-ready.
- National Committee Member, Women Moving Women campaign for the Canadian Women’s Foundation, aimed at helping to move 2,500 women out of poverty by the sponsorship of educational programming, 2008–present
- Chosen as Protégé for Women’s Executive Network Professional Mentoring Program, 2006–2008
- Member, Diversity Advisory Committee, Career Edge, 2006–2007
- Member of Board of Directors, Canadian Institute for the Administration of Justice, 2005–2007
- Member of Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Junior Achievement of Central Ontario, 2003–2007
- Mentor to Law Students from all across Canada, ongoing