Canada’s Parent and Grandparent Visa Lottery: Is It Working?

Evelyn Ackah | Canada Parent and Grandparent Visa Lottery- Is It Working? | Immigration Law

Canada Immigration Parent and Grandparent Program (PGP) implemented a new parent and grandparent visa lottery system in 2017. In December, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced 2017 PGP program changes: those wanting to bring their parents or grandparents to Canada will now have 30 days to fill out an online form to indicate their interest. IRCC will […]

June 2017 Ackah Law Newsletter

NEWSLETTER - Evelyn Ackah - Ackah Business Immigration Law - Crossing Borders Seamlessly

TEMPORARY FOREIGN WORKER PROGRAM I work in the high tech industry, how can I participate in the new Global Talent Stream recently launched by the Canadian government? The Global Talent Stream was launched on June 12, 2017 and is a two-year pilot under the Temporary Foreign Worker (TFW) program.  The Global Talent Stream is divided […]

Ackah Law Immigration Compliance Audit Services

Evelyn Ackah | Calgary Immigration Lawyer | Ackah Law Immigration Compliance Audit Services

Ensure your organization complies with IRCC’s LMIA and LMIA exempt requirements Ackah Business Immigration Law can assist you to prepare for a Compliance Review/Inspection and ensure that your organization complies with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (LMIA) and the International Mobility Program (LMIA exempt) requirements – before you receive a call […]

Canada’s Bill C-6 Is Now Law

Evelyn Ackah Calgary Immigration Lawyer explains Bill C-6

A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian ~ Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Bill C-6 is an amendment to Canada’s Citizenship Act that will benefit thousands of immigrants in Canada. Effective June 19, 2017, Canada’s Bill C-6 has received Royal Assent and is now law. The new law simplifies and streamlines the process for immigrants to become Canadian citizens and assures […]

Documents Required to Move to Canada

Evelyn Ackah Calgary Immigration Lawyer

How to Move to Canada: Documentation There are specific documents required to move to Canada. Before you can move to Canada, you must apply for permanent Canadian residency with the IRCC (office of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). Canada immigration law is becoming more complex and challenging every day. Immigration applications can be refused due to minor […]