Canadian province British Columbia announced a new immigrant entrepreneur pilot program to launch in 2019. BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot is a 2-year program that will launch in early 2019 to attract foreign entrepreneurs with a desire to start businesses, create jobs and settle in regional BC centres, and contribute to their local economy.
The BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration application criteria targets foreign entrepreneurs who want to start a business and settle in regional communities of British Columbia with populations of fewer than 75,000:
- exploratory community visit
- minimum of $100,000 in eligible business investments
- minimum personal net worth of $300,000
- minimum of 51% ownership
- minimum of 1 new job created
The BC PNP Entrepreneur Regional Pilot is for foreign entrepreneurs who want to start a new business; entrepreneurs who want to purchase an existing business should apply to the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration category.
WelcomeBC offers multiple programs to support immigration to British Columbia:
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP): British Columbia’s economic growth program to meet skilled and qualified labour market needs by recruiting high-demand foreign workers and experienced entrepreneurs who want to immigrate to Canada and apply for permanent residency in BC.
- Express Entry BC: EEBC is a faster way for eligible skilled workers to gain permanent residence in B.C. and connects with the Canadian Permanent Residence Express Entry immigration application process.
- BC PNP – Skills Immigration: The Skills Immigration (SI) stream of the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is for foreign workers with the skills, experience and qualifications needed by British Columbia employers.
BC PNP Technology Pilot: Launched on August 28, 2017, the BC PNP Pilot allows for a fast-track, permanent immigration pathway for in-demand foreign workers and international students.
Do You Want to Move to Vancouver?
Vancouver immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah, founder and managing lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law with offices in Vancouver and Toronto in addition to the Calgary headquarters, has 20 years expertise helping immigrants move to new opportunities:
Vancouver is a welcoming destination for people who want to move to Canada. At Ackah Law, we open doors to new opportunities – whether our clients are moving for work, education or personal pursuits, they are all seeking to ensure smooth sailing and confidence through the immigration process to Canada. We work with clients around the globe — in person, by phone, by email, or via Skype.
Contact Evelyn Ackah,
Canadian Immigration Lawyer Vancouver BC
Calgary: (403) 452‑9515 Vancouver: (604) 985‑9512 Toronto: (416) 643‑7177
North America: 1 (800) 932-1190
Ackah Business Immigration Law provides expertise in all areas of immigration law ranging from corporate immigration to personal and family immigration matters. We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients around the world representing corporations, institutions, not for profit organizations and individual clients. As your immigration lawyers and paralegals, we provide you with timely and strategic advice relating to the constantly changing immigration laws and regulations.