IRCC updated the requirements for international students applying for post-graduation work permits to give students more time to submit their application. A post-graduation work permit allows students who graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain work experience in Canada.
On February 14, 2019, the following post-graduation work permit updates went into effect:
- The deadline to apply for a post-graduation work permit has been extended from 90 days to 6 months (180 days).
- Applicants are no longer required to hold a valid study permit when applying for a post-graduation work permit; a student must have had a valid study permit at some time during the 180 days.
- How To Apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)
- Canada Welcomes More Qualified Foreign Students – US Student Visas Down 17% in 2017
- How to Move to Canada to Attend University | Canada Study Permit Applications
Do you want to study in Canada?
Evelyn Ackah is a US and Canada immigration law expert and founder and managing lawyer at Ackah Business Immigration Law. Business immigration law focuses on helping people move into new opportunities — both personally and professionally. Ackah Immigration Law helps you to navigate the complex maze of rules and regulations involved with Canadian, U.S. and international immigration law with confidence. Headquartered in Calgary and with offices in Vancouver and Toronto, Ackah Business Immigration Law provides legal immigration advice for those looking to move for work, education or personal reasons.
We provide expertise in all areas of immigration law ranging from corporate immigration to personal and family immigration matters. We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients around the world representing corporations, institutions, not for profit organizations and individual clients. As your immigration lawyers and paralegals, we provide you with timely and strategic advice relating to the constantly changing immigration laws and regulations.
Contact Ackah Business Immigration Law
Calgary: (403) 452‑9515 firstname.lastname@example.org